“The bed was super comfy and pillows so soft”
Since its change of ownership, The Bridge House has seen many changes and emerged as a relaxed, welcoming home from home. The interior transformation remains respectful and sympathetic of its history with its many original features within the beautiful Grade 2 listed building.
Each room has its own unique character, furnished with carefully selected treasures from the famous local antique emporiums and vintage markets of Bridport and the surrounding area, all rooms enjoy the highest quality Egyptian cotton bedding, towelling bath robes and an extensive hospitality tray including coffee maker.
Whether it’s the cosy charm of the attic rooms or the stylish, relaxed elegance of the first floor, there is something to suit every guest.
Dogs at The Bridge House
Some of the rooms welcome well behaved dogs, please enquire about availability prior to booking. Charges apply.
On the first floor, with a king size bed and en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower over.
Single occupancy room on the first floor with en suite shower room and queen bed (4ft). Ideal for the independent traveller or those in the area on business, also very popular with groups of friends travelling together, yet wanting their own private space.
On the first floor with en suite bathtub and shower over.
Our Cosy Single rooms
Single occupancy room on the first floor, with a queen (4ft) bed and en suite shower room. Ideal for the independent traveller or those in the area on business, also very popular with groups of friends travelling together, yet wanting their own private space.
Super King Four poster
A larger room on the first floor with four poster bed. En suite bathroom with bathtub and shower over.
Twin room/ Super king
A spacious twin room on the first floor which can also be up into a Super king. (Please state preference at time of booking) En suite bathroom with bathtub and shower over.
Double with child sofa bed
Second floor double room with the addition of a child’s sofa bed. Due to being in the eaves of the house the en suite has only a bath tub and hand held attachment. Cottage style window.
Snug Double (Ideal for one, snug for two)
On the second floor with double bed and en suite bathroom with bath tub with hand held attachment only due to the beams and being in the eaves of the house. Cottage style window.
Second floor family room consisting of a double bed and two standard single beds. En suite with bath tub and hand held attachment only.
All of our rooms have:
- En-suites: Double rooms have bathtub with shower over, single rooms have a shower. Please note that our top floor rooms do not have showers, just bathtubs for a long soak (a good book and a glass of wine can be provided….)
- Freeview flat screen TV
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Welcome trays with RNLI water, biscuits, Clipper teas and coffees and juice cartons for our younger guests.
- Egyptian cotton bedding and huge fluffy towels
- Hair dryers
- Complimentary eco friendly toiletries
Upon request we are more than happy to provide:
- Irons and boards
- Travel cots and highchairs
- Newspapers (£1.00 surcharge)
- Bath robes
- Beach towels, buckets and spades for kids and the big kids amongst us. Food hampers (need pre ordering) and cool boxes are also available upon request
- Forgotten something? we hopefully have it. Tooth brushes, shaving kits, sewing kits etc just ask
- Gluten free room biscuits available upon request
- Chocolates, champagne or flowers can also be arranged for the room
We are very aware of the environment and proud to say that on our first application to Green Tourism, were given a Silver award. Since then we have made further changes and continue to make improvements, hopefully working towards gold. We are always working to further reduce our carbon footprint and ask our guests to help us in energy efficiency, recycling and waste reduction by using the recycling bags in each room and adopting the little suggestions made here and there throughout the building. Please see our Green Tourism Policy.