If buildings could talk, The Bridge House would have many a story to tell. Built in 1768 as a school for dissenting ministers, it has had several uses from being a private home to boarding and finishing schools and even serving as an officers mess during the Second World War.
Only 400 yards from the centre of Bridport, The Bridge House is both close enough to reach the nightlife yet just far enough from it all for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Sitting on the banks of the River Asker and enjoying views over the river’s water meadow, we are just a short hop from the harbour and beach at West Bay made famous in the ITV drama Broadchurch.
Bridge House Hotel amenities include:
- 10 bedrooms including family rooms, singles (with 4ft beds), doubles and a twin room.
- All rooms have en suite bathrooms, high quality bedding, TV, telephones, welcome trays including local clipper teas, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits, RLNI still and sparkling bottled water, and complimentary toiletries.
- Cellar Bar is open to guests and non-residents stocking local ciders, ales, and a great selection of wine including wine from the Furleigh estate. Ideal for private functions, meetings and family gatherings.
- Our Honesty Bar is for the use of hotel residents, whether a waiting-for-a-taxi-drink, a quick pre theatre / dinner drink, or perhaps a night cap for those that aren’t quite ready for bed!
- Secure covered cycle rack
- There are a number of cycle routes and walks in the area. Ask at our reception for maps and route suggestions.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and Cellar Bar
- Private parking for hotel residents with CCTV
- For those with electric or hybrid vehicles, we offer a charge point to let your car recharge whilst you stay. (Small charge applicable, please pre book)
- Some of our rooms are dog friendly, please call for further details.
For the food we serve, all ingredients wherever possible are locally sourced – we are very keen to support the many local producers and sellers that Bridport has to offer. A list of our suppliers can be found on our breakfast menu, which has a long standing reputation for both quality and flavour and recently won the Visit England Breakfast award.
Check out our blackboard in the breakfast room for daily specials including our very popular ‘Bridge bubble & squeak’
At lunchtime and in the evenings we offer light bites again using the best local produce, though you might wish to explore all the bars, theatres and restaurants Bridport has to offer. A list of our personal favourites is available from reception – just ask